Wednesday, August 8, 2012

1st Class to Berlin


1st Class to Berlin

Right now I am on the train making my way to Berlin. This is the first time I used my Eurail Pass and was able to talk to someone in English about it. In France we were playing hand gesture games trying to figure out how to get a pass to Munich lol. Anyhow I reserved my seat, and found out that I have a first class Eurail Pass… I had no idea… shoot! That was probably an extra $100 or so… but ah well I must say it is NICE! I have an entire cabin to myself right now, Internet, and of course wine! Another great thing about 1st class is that I feel very safe… so once again to my familia – don’t worry about my safety while traveling from city to city. I am doing it in true diva fashion - on first class trains with wonderful European service! They treat first class really well, but then again I am sure we paid for the extra service too.  This train is one of Germany’s newest trains, traveling at 200 miles an hour. I am sitting near a window and get to see the entire countryside of Germany. It is BEAUTIFUL green and very flat.

Now as for my adventures in Munich, as I mentioned in my previous post, yesterday I was able to surf Munich’s standing wave! It was an cool experience as I didn’t expect to surf in Europe. It was really hard though, and I didn’t stand up for very long….  Flashing back to last Friday upon my arriving in Munich, I was picked up by Panu and Philipp Strong. For those of you who don’t know, Panu is my very good friend from Finland who I met in 2009 traveling Costa Rica. He has come to visit me in the USA many times and it was exciting to have arranged a meeting in Germany, where his best friend Philipp lives. I have heard so many stories of Philipp, and I must say Panu was right! He is HILARIOUS and full of fun energy… and when he drinks he becomes massively strong!! That’s why we refer to him as Philipp Strong.

Phillipp and Panu met me at the station and we went straight back to Philipp’s for breakfast in true German fashion  - visevush, pretzels, mustard and beer. Below I have enclosed a recording of how to eat this morning sausage delicacy, in which we ate 2 days in a row because we also had Austrian visitors come later that evening, and we had to introduce them to this traditional breakfast as well. J

Overall Munich was awesome! It is a relatively young city full of many collage students and young professionals. I went to a famous club called Back Stage, in which there was many dance floors, all playing standard Euro- Electro-German music lol. Fist pumping all night long, we later fell asleep on the train on the way home.. Except for Manu my new Austrian friend, who stayed sober to get us home and take pictures of us sleeping lol! I will miss my new friends from Munich! I think since London, Munich is top of the list too… Mostly because of the wonderful relationships I made during my stay.

Cheers!

xx

1 comment:

  1. Thats Gemita for you!!! aka "Miss Diva" live it up Gema Girl!!!I would not want this to be your life long sorrow......LOL Love you!!

    ReplyDelete